Thursday, May 19, 2011

When Dad's Away Sh!t Happens

Whenever Matt goes out of town for more than a day I have to brace myself. Something crazy always happens (dog breaks coffee table, every snow storm this year, etc) and this week was no exception. Matt was on a train to NYC at 10am. By 3pm I had stepped off the deck, skinned my knee (and some spectacular bruises appeared the next day) and twisted my ankle (even better bruises). Awesome. Thankfully a friend was over and entertained Amelia while I iced the ankle and the following night someone else brought dinner and cupcakes. That was wonderful and greatly appreciated. Amelia has taken advantage of my lack of speed by breaking away and running away on sidewalks as much as possible. She's an evil genius.

The other big thing that happened while Matt was away is that the formal job offer for his new job arrived via courier. I didn't think people still did that, but it's kind of cool. We're very proud of Matt and this job because it's the kind of thing that makes your career, with the bonus of less travel!! My body and psyche are very thankful for that. But mainly we're just very proud of him. Congratulations Matt. We love you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment