Friday, February 3, 2012

Camp Grandma and Grandpa - The Florida Edition

Amelia is spending this week with Matt's parents in Daytona Beach. She's having a great time, and even though a break has been nice (we're actually going to try and see a movie IN THE THEATER tonight), we're excited for her to come home tomorrow. I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa could use the rest. She's going back at the end of the month for another week, so they need to rest up.

Here's Amelia during our layover in Charlotte. We used a harness instead of her carseat on these flights because we knew the planes would be smaller. Amelia loved having the extra space, and let out a "whee!" during both landings. Then she wanted to do it again. I think the harness will be what we use from now on, but because I didn't check a stroller I had free-range Amelia in the airport. I put her in the purple outfit with the pigtails to make her as cute as possible because I knew she would be a handful and I was looking for a little slack.  It worked, and as much as Amelia hammed it up when she knew she had an audience, she was good for the flights. She needed a nap, but only took a short one on the second flight. She did act up a little before the second flight. She kept running away from me and laughing. Since we were about to board, I told her that she needed to come back and that she wasn't being funny. Of course she then proceeded to run around the gate yelling "I not funny." Smartass child.
 
Here's Amelia on her first night in Florida. In this picture she actually looks like Matt. It's a minor miracle!
  
Here she is on the beach. I'm super impressed that Gloria got her to stay on the sand. I have no idea who she did that, because Amelia loves the water.
See, I told you she loves the water. Apparently she went right in and didn't hesitate for a second. That sounds like our little daredevil.  There is no fear in her, which is good and bad, but mainly means she gives us heart attacks.
Here's Amelia enjoying the beach. I didn't know she could be quiet for this long, but apparently a shell and sand will occupy her.

No comments:

Post a Comment