Friday, January 13, 2012

It's Almost That Time

Amelia needs a haircut. I've trimmed her bangs, but we haven't cut the back at all.  I don't want her to lose the curls. They're so cute. But I think she may have my hair and those will be the only curls she ever has. I am way more conflicted about this than I thought I would be. I think it's that it makes her officially a kid and not a baby any more. I'm not sure I'm ready for that. I know she's already way more kid than baby, but this feels like the dividing line.

Actually potty training will be the dividing line. Because of class sizes, she will probably be in her current classroom until at least June. None of the kids in there are potty trained. In the next classroom up they start with potty training. There's no point for us to do it unless she's doing it at school too. She mentions going potty, likes to watch me go and gives me directions, checks to make sure I don't have a dirty diaper, and can tell you that Teddy goes potty outside and where that comes from. She does have a small potty in her bathroom, but she's kind of afraid of it and won't sit on it. So, we've still got some time on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment