Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Old House, New House

So we had an interesting weekend. Our house went on the market on Tuesday, with an open house scheduled for Sunday. By the time Sunday came, there had already been at least a dozen agents/clients through the house. By the end of Sunday, we had an offer.
While our house was open, we went looking for a new place. We happened to find a place that had only been on the market since Friday, so it wasn't on many people's radar screens. We loved the house and had decided by the end of Sunday that we wanted to put an offer in. Monday we accepted the offer on our place, and placed a bid on the new house. We knew there was another offer on the table, so we were nervous wrecks until we got the call last night that our offer had been accepted. There are still a few details that need to be worked out, but it looks like early August we will be moving into our new place. I still can't believe it all worked out so quickly. We're very thankful that it did and all the dominoes are falling into place.
Oh my goodness. We bought a grown up house. Who let us do that? I don't feel like I'm old enough to own a grown up house (grown up house = master suite and formal dining room), but this place is going to work perfectly for us. It's 4 bedrooms (one will become my office because I'm now working from home), has a finished basement where Amelia can make a mess and we won't care, and a great family room. It also has the world's smallest half bath, so when you come over be prepared. I am aware that the distinction I make between our current house and the new one, is totally random and one of my quirks. And for the record it's on the sunny side of the street so I don't have to use as much deicer come winter, and there are no trees in the front yard, so the odds of coming out to a bird poop covered car just went down dramatically.

But the best part of this? We no longer have to keep our home in "show-ready mode", which is difficult with Amelia, Teddy and myself. Even Matt makes more clutter than we thought. Also, a big chunk of our stuff is already packed because we needed to clear it out for the open house, so we're a little ahead in that department.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm totally envious about how fast that moved for you guys! CONGRATS! What a way for it to all work out so smoothly! Just wonderful :).

    ReplyDelete