Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Amelia's First Easter

Since Easter was early last year and Amelia was late, this was Amelia's first Easter. She did not get a basket since I believe you should be able to eat all the chocolate in your basket before you get one and she does not need any more toys. While we didn't make it to church (sorry Kent!) we did spend the week before reading all of the Holy Week Bible stories in her Bible Stories for Children books. And then I would read The Lord's Prayer and by the end of the week Amelia could say Amen.

Pardon my tangent - both of Amelia's bible story books end at Easter. While I'm not suggesting there should be a Revelations version for the preschool set, there's quite a bit that's missed and I think should be in there. Here are the New Testament stories:
The Christmas Story
Loaves and Fishes
Sermon on the Mount
Jesus Heals the Sick
Holy Week and Easter
That's it. Seems to be missing quite a bit.

Anyway, we did do brunch with my aunt and her family, followed by an Easter Egg Hunt in her back yard. Amelia and her cousin Erik were let go to try and find the eggs. Erik had done this at school earlier in the week, so he knew the drill. Amelia took a minute to figure it out, but she tried to open every egg as she found it leaving a trail of jelly beans and cookies in the yard for my aunt's dog Rosie to find.

Amelia getting ready for the hunt.

I know how to smile for the camera. I'm a bit of a ham.
Cousin Erik heading out to find some eggs.

Can you see me? I ran away
Ok, I'll come back now.
Erik makes the decision to pile his eggs on the grass. This proved to be an unwise decision.
I believe that Erik is trying to get some of his eggs back. Amelia found it much easier to take from his pile than look around for herself. I opened it, now what do I do?Uncle Erik, can you help me?
Erik still trying to hold onto all his eggs.
Amelia and Rosie check for eggs.
Found one!
Now we're all going to pile our eggs and share them.
Rosie's not stupid. She knows there's about to be a feast in the grass for her.
One last kiss from Rosie before we went home and she crashed.


In case you were confused, Amelia has cousin Erik, Uncle Erik (my cousin), and Great Uncle Erik (my uncle). Her cousin and Uncle were at the egg hunt. All in all, she had a great day and played pretty well with Erik. He was very nice to her and didn't retaliate when she took his eggs. Which is good, because he's getting a sibling in a few months and little siblings always take your stuff.

Happy belated Easter to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment