Thursday, March 3, 2011

Morning Time

Matt and I both get alone time with Amelia on weekday mornings. He gets up with her and gets her a bottle and then they usually play or read while I get up, showered and dressed. Once I'm all set Matt heads off to work and it's my turn with Amelia. I feed her breakfast, get her dressed for the day, and take her to the nanny share. Depending on how long breakfast and getting dressed takes (if someone could explain why changing clothes is some sort of torture I would appreciate it because there are days that this takes a good 15 minutes) she and I get to have some play time as well. I think these are the times that Matt and I tend to enjoy the most. She's usually in a good mood, she's not hyper and bouncing off the walls yet, and Teddy usually isn't too into playing yet. Our evenings are much more rushed. We generally have about an hour to feed her, change her, bathe her (and when she puts avocado and cream cheese in her hair on the same day it's necessary), read, have the last bottle and get to sleep. Amelia is pretty predictable that she will get SUPER hyper for about 5 minutes and then crash. So we do get a few minutes of playing, but it's always watching for the signs of meltdown. That's why the mornings are so great. She's trying really hard not to be, but she's still our little baby and we love her very much.

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful post. Hold on to those precious times one on one - those stick with you. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I know why her hair is so soft and shiny. D'you hear that, Glamour? Avocado AND cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete