Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Catching Up

I apologize for the lack of communication. It's been a little hectic around here, topped off by Amelia being sick on Sunday.

First, I would like to remind you to vote. Many states have started early voting already, so you have plenty of time to get your vote in. We picked up this gem at Art on The Avenue on Saturday. You can find more of this series by Joe Shymanski here.
 Amelia is still growing like a weed and has become obsessed with wearing her tutus with boots.
 Example 1
She's also managed to keep the gracefulness she inherited from her mother with her new style. Also, I think she might be a bit of a ham...
Example 2
 
She's also still in a big mommy phase. For the past few months we've had to wear the same toenail polish. I swear whatever they put in the stuff for kids is makes it the strongest nail polish ever. Amelia's is usually gone in about 10 days. Mine has never chipped and I had to seek professional help in removing the glitter option she chose last time. (And yes, my feet really are that white compared to Amelia's. I think she got Matt's coloring.)
 She's also decided she needs to wear makeup because mommy does. But instead of trying to look like me, she's taking her makeup style from Miss Piggy. She wants mascara (to get the big eyelashes) but I won't do that quite yet. But somewhere her Great-Grandmother is very proud.
 She also got a haircut recently, and has loved putting in barrettes that Poppy picked out for her in her hair. For five minute increments.

Oh, and this happened. Or happened 10 years ago to be more precise. I don't feel like that was 10 years ago, but I have a very bad sense of these things. What I do know is that marrying Matt was the best decision of my life. (Second best was wearing the gloves; you have no idea how important they were.)
Happy Anniversary sweetie.

1 comment: