Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

We had a nice Mother's Day yesterday. Or as good of a day as you can have with a two year old. We had a quiet morning, followed by brunch with family, an afternoon nap, and then a trip to Home Depot. In a shocking turn of events, Amelia is obsessed with pushing boundaries and seeing how independent we'll let her be. This has lead to a decent amount of time spent in time-out. She seems to think that I'm softer than Matt, which is untrue but she's in a serious mommy-stalking-repeating-and I will only hold her hand or sit with her-phase, so I am much preferred over Matt. Also, she doesn't know that I once put a sibling in time-out and forgot about them for about 45 minutes. (The really bad part is I'm not even sure which one it was. I think it was Hugh or Anne. Sorry.)

Not listening. (And can someone else have a baby soon because Baby Alex is moving to Berlin this summer and I will no longer be able to use him as a bribe) My goal was to get her wishing a happy mother's day to each of her grandmothers and her godmother, but I didn't get any of them in the end.
 

And this is why two is not my favorite age.

Happy Mother's Day! I'd like to thank Matt for being such a great Dad and partner in raising Amelia. If it weren't for him I would have ended up in a loony bin a long time ago. He's also currently taking the brunt of the acting out, so I appreciate that he hasn't signed up for additional work travel to get a break.


Also, Teddy loves you too Matt, but she's busy sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment