Friday, March 23, 2012

First Haircut


So, after two appointments cancelled due to sickness, Amelia finally got her first haircut yesterday. We got there a little early so she could see what was happening. Because of time management issues, Amelia ended up going before I did. She was not a fan of putting the cape on, but once we got her arms out from under it and gave her a brush to hold she was ok. We didn't take much off. Just enough to even it out on the back and get rid of the mullet she was starting to get. Afterwards she played on my cell phone till I was done. I think she got the most upset when the hairdresser used the hair dryer on me and he hadn't on her. A couple of swipes across her face and she was happy. I may have bribed her with the promise of chocolate milk and french fries if she behaved.

The car ride home with fries in hand.

When we got home, she ate dinner and then ran around like a lunatic for 30 minutes. Of course this required the wearing of all four tutus in her dress up box. She also took my blood pressure and made sure that she had a heart beat. She's a little obsessed with the stethoscope. The day before we had to check the heartbeat and blood pressure of all the Sesame Street gang. Thankfully they all passed.

The good doctor at work.

PS - she looks even more like my baby pictures now. Which is scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment