Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Off to School

This week marked Amelia's first days of preschool. It's really more daycare, but we call it school for her so she understands it's different than the nannies she's had.
She's excited, can you tell? She did great her first day there with no tears. I would like to commend myself on my lack of tears too, but I did get a little misty. The teachers said she did great and only started to get upset when other parents started to arrive and I wasn't there yet. She was EXHAUSTED, but still managed to get dinner and a mini dance party in before bed.
It's become part of her routine that she has to dance for at least 15 minutes before going to bed. Her playlist includes Baby Beluga (her absolute favorite and my current least favorite fictional character), The Elmo Song, Aikendrum, Thumbelina, Under the Sea and Rubber Duckie. We've been trying to get it on video for some time, but I promise as soon as we do we'll post it. She mainly twirls, sticks her bum out, and throws her hands around. There's also a lot of throwing herself on the floor. I think she might be trying to do the Turtle.

While she was at Camp Grandma, Grandma took her to have her portrait taken. If there was any doubt that this child is a ham and a half, you just have to see the pictures and any doubt is gone. This is one of my favorites. I had a very similar dress at all times from roughly 1-5 years old because my Grandmother loved them. I think she would say that Amelia looks darling in it and couldn't look more like me if we tried.

2 comments: