Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'll Be Home for Christmas

Someone in this household who has access to a credit card has a Christmas addiction/problem. Here's the living room decked out for the holidays. I actually painted the piece on the mantel and there are Christmas light behind it so it lights up and the letters glow. (Side-note: I may have been spending too much time on Pintrest.) We have six stockings because Teddy gets a stocking and Matt's parents will be spending Christmas with us. Bill gets the smallest stocking. :)
Because there was an earthquake and we haven't had someone come out to clean/check out the chimney since, I went with candles and greenery instead. This is all decorative because I will never light all the candles at the same time.
We put the Christmas tree in the family room, because it makes more sense in there. I consider it a personal triumph that the tree is too tall to put something on top, even with the step stool.
Here's the Butler's pantry, freshly painted, with our sentimental stockings. Matt and Amelia's were made by his Grandmother and mine was made by my Nana. I would also like to point out the organized mail sorting station with trash can. Work Alicia is starting to show up at home now that I'm working from home. (Work Alicia is wayyyy more organized than regular Alicia.)
After multiple attempts at getting something on the front door, I finally got this sign to stay. Because our door faces south, the space between the front door and the storm door gets to be about 95 degrees everyday. We fried a real wreath in two days, had a fake wreath where all the decorations fell off because the glue melted and this sign was up with tape over the ribbons and then it fell. Finally I used push pins and now we're all set.
We did take Amelia to breakfast with Santa. While she was not a fan of Santa, she did like dancing to the Christmas music.


This is not Christmas related, but we're really excited about the way the mural in Amelia's room came out. She loves the book "Hooray for Fish!" and most of the inspiration for the painting came from that. If anyone needs a mural done, we have the guy for you.
View 2

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are wonderful! The house looks just beautiful, Alicia, and Amelia's room is adorable! And of course the picture of her (dancing, I'm sure) is precious.
    Six more sleeps!

    ReplyDelete