Sunday, June 27, 2010

Baptism


Today was Amelia's baptism. We were excited for this day and everything was wonderful. Here we are with the priest and Amelia's godparents, Moira and Ryan. Amelia is wearing the gown that two of my brothers and two of my sisters wore. (I wore the family heirloom gown dating from the Civil War and managed to tear it under the arm so a new gown was needed. I was classy even then.) She slept during the service, woke up for the big moment, and was good for the rest of the service. Then she began to get a little fussy. I can't blame her because she was wearing about 10 pounds of clothing and it's almost 100 degrees outside and the air conditioning can only do so much.

Some of my family was able to come out for the service. Here we are with my sisters (from the left - Amanda, Bunny, and Anne.)
It was a great way to end my maternity leave. As of tomorrow I'm back at work. Boo.

2 comments: